Flame trio, Red Head Solon disappeared

So it's been 2 days now, and I haven't seen my Flame Wrasse trio, nor my Red Head Solon.

I saw all of them as recent as Monday afternoon. I placed a fish trap in (as I'm trying to remove the red head solon), put food within trap, then went out with family. Came home that evening and didn't see them, although I figured it was because they went to bed.

Tuesday morning, no signs of the 4 of them.

This morning? No signs of the 4 of them, again. Usually, I see the flames and red head EVERY morning.

Flame trio: Had for about 1 month
Red head solon: 2 months.

Top is covered with a window mesh screen, with no exposed corners. They didn't make it down the sump, nor the overflow. They are nowhere behind the stand. I don't have much of a CUC, but I didn't see any dead fish being eaten by the CUC i have (10 small red hermits, 3 blue striped hermits).

Should I be concerned? Params are WNL, Temp 79 degrees, Salinity 1.023.

No, can't see their cocoons where they usually sleep.

They were eating pellets too. And before we left Monday, I fed tank and saw them all eating. Not one of them was spitting out food.

Check the floor? back of tank? below the stand? small crack area near the tanks? or on the floor?

I've had my coris wrasse disappear for a couple days before but with three fish that is odd. Did you check the overflow box? I have a few fish that like to hang out in there.

Ok. Success.

Found 2 flames and the solon...all made it down my overflow, into fuge and were spooning under some rocks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Glad you found them.

I went with 1 supermale flame & 3 females to extend the time till they all undergo "gender reassignment", which is inevitable.

Latest posts