45gal setup..whats your thoughts

ninjastar

Well Im just getting back into the game of reef keeping after my 20gal tank got nuked with nudis and just killed everything. So its time to start of fresh again. So here is my setup and I want your guys input on how I can make it better or what can I add to help me keep and maintain sps like montis or arcos and zoas.

24x24x20gal 45gal cadlight tank

Filtration
-Model 1 profle sump
-bubble magnus nac3
-mag 5 return pump

Lighting
-Cadlight 50 watt led multi chip (10in from water)

Others
-Hydor Koralia Smartwave kit with 1500gph evo pump
-JBJ ATO
-aqualifter pump
-Advance acrylic 10gal ATO

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds pretty good. I would start with dry rock to prevent any unwanted critters in your tank like a previous experience

ninjastar

If only I knew that sooner. It currently has 20lbs of live fuji rock and 45lbs of tonga branch live rock.

bvysochin

Supporter
2020 POTM
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
My recommendation would be to get two singles vs the dual. Clogging and ease of maintenance issues.. I have a few of the duals and a few of the singles, and that's just one thing I've noticed/would have done differently. Downside is that you will need a second pump or a single pump capable of running both reactors.

ninjastar

I heard the goods and the bad about not having the GFO not tumble good enough to why have carbon after GFO when Carbon can leach out phosphate. So whats the best bang for your buck for a reactor,pump and media for carbon and GFO.

ninjastar

Well Im on a budget this month and I want to know what should be my priority for weekly purchase

-complete clean up crew
-SpectraPure Maxpure 90 GPD RO/DI System
-dual single or dual reactor with media(need help with this portion on what would be the best bang for your buck along with best media)

Latest posts