New!!! Names Tony!!!

tony3199

Hey!!! I'm new here and my name is Tony. I have been a fish hobbyist for awhile. Had been doing freshwater for 10 years and finally decided to take a dive into the reef society!!! I started about 3 months ago with a 29gal nano, Got the water params just perfect with a no problem cycle! Got asterina starfish multiplying and hundreds of turbo snail babies everywhere in my tank (looks like my cuc reproduced lol) I also have gsp that wont seem to stop growing either. I'm scared it might become a nuisance.

Anyways, enough of that. I loved having a reef to look at soo much, it just hooked me and I upgraded to a 60 gallon and I have it cycling right now and just waiting for nitrites to come down! I am now using the 29nano cube next to it as a hospital tank (thinking about turning it into a fuge)

here's some pictures of my set ups.
View attachment 32682
View attachment 32683

right now there is only base rock and some random pieces of live rock thrown in the 60gal
If anyone have any suggestions or any items for donation (like more rocks they dont need, nothing extravagant or worth money, just something to help me get started hahaha) would be much appreciated.
That HOB is on there just to help get rid of the cloudiness, and it worked. I'm not using it anymore lol. Anyways!!! Hope to hear from you guys and wish me luck on my new tank!!!

BTW, I'm from Santa Ana in OC

pgr11

Supporter
Welcome. Nice start for sure. When the reef bug hit it hits hard won't be long before your next upgrade.

tony3199

Oh man, I know!!! It's beginning to hit real hard!!! I'm kinda regretting the 60 and feel i shouldve went with a 120 now!!! hahaha. It's really hard when you get around friends and talk about the tanks and everyone just hypes each other up about "what to get next" and theres just too many possibilities with a reef tank

pgr11

Supporter
Yep I went from a 30 to a 60 to a 120 in a matter of months. I had the 120 for over a year then upgraded to my current 265 tank.

tony3199

Oh geez, I better start a reef money box and just toss my spare dollars in there for upgrade goals hahaha

Welcome. This is addictive. I went from 30 to 90, then 2 tanks 90 & 110 and then 3 tanks 90, 110 & 65. Just break down my 110 and setup a 180.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tony3199

I can't wait until I become pretty proficient with a reef tank. I really want a blue and yellow tang. I'll def wait until I can get my hands on a nice 120 gal though. Thanks for the welcomes and do you guys know good places to get cheap live rock around OC?

pgr11

Supporter
Post in the want to buy section that your looking for rock. Someone always has something. Just don't ask for free stuff. The free stuff will come in time

tony3199

oh, I know. I've bought some already and also received some free ones from some nice members. Still need more, I got a post going on there too.

Latest posts