How to make slots on an overflow

Hi everyone

I am seeking help as I will need to make slots on a new overflow for a cadlights 50g. The original one was replace with a thicker material. What is the best way to cut the slots ? Or can anyone point me to the right person who can do this.

Here is what I'm looking to replicate
uploadfromtaptalk1400012453459.jpg

thanks

xmas_one

If you want to make them look nice, you're going to need to build a jig and use a router. If not, they are gonna look hill-billy-joe status. You can avoid cutting teeth altoegher and do a toothless overflow, just put enkamat in the box to keep critters out of your drain.

If you want to make them look nice, you're going to need to build a jig and use a router. If not, they are gonna look hill-billy-joe status. You can avoid cutting teeth altoegher and do a toothless overflow, just put enkamat in the box to keep critters out of your drain.
Thanks Dan for the info. I like the idea of going toothless but I have a question if the overflow doesn't have slots then that means the water level will be a little higher. Will this have any effects to the return and overflow pipes ? Also how about noise will this create a cascade noise ?

xmas_one

I'm currently running a toothless nano from glass-holes. The water level is about 1/4" higher than the box, it runs fairly quiet.

I'm currently running a toothless nano from glass-holes. The water level is about 1/4" higher than the box, it runs fairly quiet.
Without cutting the slots then I believe the water level will be at least 1" higher then the overflow box. Maybe if its too much noise the I'm guessing I will have to extend the pipes right ?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
or what you can do is drill holes on it, put a straight line with masking tape and start drilling...

Latest posts