Digital aquatics reefkeeper elite

ericta000

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
I don't think they ever got the salinity probe working right. But I could be wrong as well

OneWayne

Is that with the new SL2v2 module and probe as well?
Id like to know as well, from what I've read the new probe and firmware has resolved the problems that plagued the sl2. I have a sl2v2 and want to purchase the new probe, if anyone is using the new probe with v2 please let me know how it's working for you.

Dsjreef

I have the sl2v2 with the salinity probe. Here is what I have figured out. Don't upgrade your firmware to the 3.01. DA is having issues with the controller settings with that firmware. When calibrating your salinity probe, use your tank water for the calibration, if you trust your refractometer. Use a couple different methods to check your tank water. Then calibrate probe to 0.0. Once it reads 0.0, and the raw data has stopped, hit next and set the target to what your tank water reading is. Put the probe in the tank or sump and wait for raw data to settle. This will give you a better and more accurate reading than the calibration solution.

Now for some more help that I need. Looking for someone in the OC area that has the net module connected and working with IPHONE access and alerts.

OneWayne

I'm not in OC, but I do have .net working on iPhone. Also have .net wireless via airport express and time capsule. All mac all day, windows blows almost as much as digital aquatics.

I know this thread was started a couple of months back, but I'll share my experience:

I purchased the SL2v2 & new salinity probe. Within 2-3 months, my readings gradually got lower and lower. DA replaced my salinity probe. Same problem started happening with the new probe. When I went to recalibrate it, I set it at 35 using PinPoint calibration solution. As soon as I would stick the probe in the tank water, it would jump to a negative reading. I finally calibrated it in the tank water but the values kept gradually dropping. (Didn't matter if I set the standard at 35ppt or 53 ms/cm)

I was about to ditch the whole thing and go for broke with a Neptune Apex system, but DA asked me to send it both the SL2 & the salinity probe - they're going to take a look at it and repair/replace it. I'll keep you posted on the final outcome...