Birds nest fryed over night it feels like ?? Wth ??

norcalsss

Went to la last night came home and some of my birds nest were bleached out ? Any ideas why ? I've been adjusting my doser to get everything in the sweet spot and before I left my alk was 6.7 cal 430 mag 1230 I split my daily dose for all three and uped the ml and left town when I came back boom these two pcs were fryed there's still one right under it just fine and like 5 other big pcs in the tank just great always had birds nest growing out of control anyway my alk was 9.9 cal 450 and mg 1440 every thing better besides the high alk at 9.9 any ideas why the bleaching ? image.jpg

My Tank Build
It could be an alk spike and most likely is. But I say check every magnet in your tank. A few months ago I had all my montis bleach out over night and lost a few corals and anemones over a few weeks time. Couldn't figure out what was wrong and found that the magnet on my mp40 split. It was leaching rust into the tank and kill things off. A few weeks after getting the mag out my tank rebounded.

norcalsss

Tested fri probably you know what maybe it was thursdayafternoon I uped the doser and went up ok thur alk 6.7 sat today 9.9

you can only go up or down 1 DK per day 6.7 to 9.9 is 3dk, that is my best guess.
99% of the time when you have something in your tank go wrong it was the ''last'' thing you did that made it go south.
eg. your birds nest was all good you messed with your ALK it when up alot and your bird's nest is dieing.
try to think if you did any thing else to your tank right around the same time.
ps dont lower your ALK super fast, take about a week to go from 9.9 to 9 try to keep around ''9''.
ALK can be any where from 7--11 in a reef tank imho 9 is best so you have 2 DK to go up or down.
eg. if you run it 9 it can drop 2 DK down and still be in ''ok'' range or up 2 DK and still be in ''ok'' range.
good luck.

norcalsss

It's been mid 70's all week in Costa Mesa making the tank about 80 inside the house been roughly 76-80 at all times no chiller hoping it ain't getting hotter that 80-81 in the tank

Latest posts