eMac's 300 Peninsula

My Tank Build
[MENTION=4195]Emac909[/MENTION] those sps real? i see cyano
Yep their really covered in reef aids too.
There's plenty of cyano. I haven't changed my water filters in a year and haven't did a water change in longer.
That's why I took top down pics. The glass is covered so thick in green algae I can't even see in the tank. Witch isn't all that bad because now the fish don't know when I'm looking at them(**** sharks are alway hungry).
Edited was drunk when typing this.

Last edited:
My Tank Build
Ok got around to clean the glass today. First time in a month. So I took a few pics again
midnight

sebastian

Clowns

Corals

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I love your Sohal is just beautiful! Glad is doing well with the Clown tang.

My Tank Build
I love your Sohal is just beautiful! Glad is doing well with the Clown tang.
Thanks he's been with me the longest. I'm thinking around 4 or 5 years. I could find out on here but I'm to lazy.
But he is loosing color in his body. I hit up Al to see what the problem could be but he was unsure
Anyone know why my sohal is loosing pigments in his body right before his tail

See the orangish spot before the spike and the loose of pigment after the spike. It's like that on both sides.

Last edited:

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Thanks he's been with me the longest. I'm thinking around 4 or 5 years. I could find out on here but I'm to lazy.
But he is loosing color in his body. I hit up Al to see what the problem could be but he was unsure
Anyone know why my sohal is loosing pigments in his body right before his tail

See the orangish spot before the spike and the loose of pigment after the spike. It's like that on both sides.
That's weird. But I know when purple tangs get older they lose their stripes. Maybe something similar? I've only had one Sohal but not for long they are vicious little tangs LOL

My Tank Build
Yea I've noticed that but see how he's blotchy with yellow pigments about an 8th on an inch before his spike. This has been happening for years. I thought maybe he was touching my anemones and getting stung or even sense he seems to be constantly trying to fight the other tangs its battle wounds. I'm just wounding if anyone else has experienced this with there sohal

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Yea I've noticed that but see how he's blotchy with yellow pigments about an 8th on an inch before his spike. This has been happening for years. I thought maybe he was touching my anemones and getting stung or even sense he seems to be constantly trying to fight the other tangs its battle wounds. I'm just wounding if anyone else has experienced this with there sohal
That might be a possibility. Post on R2R I'm sure more people have own a Sohal there.

My Tank Build
I moved a few rocks around last weekend so I could get the rocks away from the vertically mounted gyre.
I went from this

To this

I like it a whole lot more. When I had it the other way the gyre world splash water cause it was so close to the top of the water. This way the water flows nicely around the tank clockwise and counter clockwise every few minutes.

Latest posts