Anyone set up Apex fusion video streaming with a Foscam FI9821W?

I have the camera set up and working on the web interface, but I can't stream the video to my browser or apex.

I tried a whole bunch of cgi codes. The page just goes blank on the second url. This came from the apex forums. I tried others with the same luck.

http://192.168.0.88:9368/ cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd= setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr= damian&pwd=xxx
http://192.168.0.88:9368 /cgi-bin/ CGIStream.cgi?cmd= GetMJStream&usr=damian&pwd=xxx

Help!

EDIT: Spaces put in url intentionally

Last edited:
I tried in IE and it tried downloading the stream. I tried in Chrome and it just took me to a blank page. When I tried on firefox it worked. It's smooth on wifi, but haven't tried an outside connection yet.

I fixed it and now can see it on my apex. So if anyone is trying to set up something similar, I can walk you guys through it.

acesq

How is the quality of the picture? I'm interested in doing this for my tank. Sounds pretty difficult.

On wifi, you can stream a high resolution, but on a real connection it might be slow and choppy.

I don't know if you can see it very well, but that's the way I see it from my apex window.
apexcam.jpg

And does anyone know if fish can see infrared light? I can't turn off the IR in this camera. Not sure if it'll disturb anything.

I have hard time understanding why you guys want to stream video over apex. I mean if you want to see your tank remotely, launch a browser. Most of them use directx so make sure you have up to date directx if you are using IE. If you are on mobil, use an app. Personally, I use IP Cam viewer to monitor my data center with 10 IP cams on my android. On PC I install iSpy. I can view and record either 24/7 or on motion detect. Its a very powerful program and is free.
Why bother pushing lot of data over the apex which is device that is not designed for neither networking nor video streaming. Its only bottle neck your video streaming. My 2 cents.

I have hard time understanding why you guys want to stream video over apex. I mean if you want to see your tank remotely, launch a browser. Most of them use directx so make sure you have up to date directx if you are using IE. If you are on mobil, use an app. Personally, I use IP Cam viewer to monitor my data center with 10 IP cams on my android. On PC I install iSpy. I can view and record either 24/7 or on motion detect. Its a very powerful program and is free.
Why bother pushing lot of data over the apex which is device that is not designed for neither networking nor video streaming. Its only bottle neck your video streaming. My 2 cents.
You do have a point. And after giving it more thought, I would have more control over the camera via a web app. Apex just streams it. But with Apex, you don't need a remote port to see your feed. I can do it all behind my network. I'm gonna check out the apps you're using. Do they let you control/tilt the camera?

yeah you can pan/tilt the camera with IP Cam Viewer apps. I dont have that on my cameras so I can't say how well it works. Looks like you can control it with swiping and buttons. As for port forwarding, its the same as apex if you already know how to do that with Apex. Just have to make one port for each camera.

Here is one of mine in the storage on IP Cam Viewer so you can see the interface.

Attachments

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
You do have a point. And after giving it more thought, I would have more control over the camera via a web app. Apex just streams it. But with Apex, you don't need a remote port to see your feed. I can do it all behind my network. I'm gonna check out the apps you're using. Do they let you control/tilt the camera?
port forwarding isnt that hard to setup.

And does anyone know if fish can see infrared light? I can't turn off the IR in this camera. Not sure if it'll disturb anything.
Yes they can see IR. Ive been doing it without fusion for 1-3 week vacays at a time for 4 years already and with my current HD PTZ cams i point the cameras away at night. When i turn direction back to the night tank my crosshatch triggers come out, then others. Tangs hide farther back. I dont think you can turn them off because when the visible light drops below a certain intensity to the light sensor a mechanical filter covers the lens and the IR emitters turn on. I tried taping over the IR lights but without IR the tank is pitch black, even with blue LED moonlights.

A cool thing to do while youre on vacay is plug a sump light into you apex so you can turn it on remotely and check your sump water level. Heck ive even plugged in floor lamps & old TVs so i can turn them off and on to make it seem like someones at home.

HTH

Latest posts