Putting together an equipment list... Thoughts?

GoBigGuy

Hey Gang,

Wanted to put together a list of equipment for my tank upgrade and wanted to get your thoughts? Let me know if I'm missing anything or if you have recommendations on what I should buy:

150 Gallon Glass Tank (60x24x25) or 190 Gallon Glass Tank (60x24x31)
Sump
Protein Skimmer
Return Pump
UV Sterilizer
Calcium Reactor
GFO Reactor
Carbon Reactor
Reactor pumps
Aquarium Controller
Power Head

If you get a strong enough pump(sp4,sp6, WB hy10000,laguna2400) you can run all your reactor, uv, chiller, etc off the same pump. Save you money of your electric bill… lighting, ato??? ???????

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
If you get a strong enough pump(sp4,sp6, WB hy10000,laguna2400) you can run all your reactor, uv, chiller, etc off the same pump. Save you money of your electric bill lighting, ato??? ???????
What he said, less noise/vibration and if you go external less heat

I'd probably go 60x30x24 if you're gonna go for 190+ gallons. Thirty one inches is gonna be a pain to maintain, but 24" is pretty manageable.

GoBigGuy

If you get a strong enough pump(sp4,sp6, WB hy10000,laguna2400) you can run all your reactor, uv, chiller, etc off the same pump. Save you money of your electric bill… lighting, ato??? ???????
What pump would you say is the best? I'm putting together the list now so I know how much I'll need to save up and start buying the parts as I see them hopefully on sale :)

My Tank Build
What about lights?
But can I say something? (O wait I'm going to say it anyways like most of u know) how many threads are u going to start just for your planing stages of and upgrade? Y not just do a build thread already and ask these question on that. I think we all know by know your planning to upgrade.

Am I just thinking like an Ahole guys or what?

What about lights?
But can I say something? (O wait I'm going to say it anyways like most of u know) how many threads are u going to start just for your planing stages of and upgrade? Y not just do a build thread already and ask these question on that. I think we all know by know your planning to upgrade.

"AHOLE909" HAHA, nvr one to hold back…

GoBigGuy

What about lights?

You are probably right, (and maybe a little of an ahole :) ), but to me a build thread is when you are really building and my posts are more questions to make sure I'm on the right path before I start. But thank you for being honest