Question about painting back of aquarium?

kmel106

I want to paint the back of the aquarium what kind of paint should I use? And won't harm all my fish?
Thanks in advance!

I like krylon spray paint because it sticks good and looks clean. You can use anything though, because it should be applied on the outside.....

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
The aquarium builders use Painters Touch which needs to be rolled on. Either way, the paint will eventually start to peel of.

The vinyl backing is better. You can even use car window tint.

Just to see what it will look like,try poster board. Usually 99 for a 2x3' piece that can be easily taped up. I did that and its been that way for a year now. No one has noticed it. I even told a fellow reefer to look at it and they couldn't tell it wasn't painted. Plus,if you tire of the color, just take a few minutes and change it. No harm done.

Sent from my Kodak Brownie

swiftism

Premium Member
Supporter
Painted back glass recently with plastidip spray cans. Worked well appeareance is textured matte black. The finish can be peeled off and its leaves behind no residue.

tudes

I've done this several times with several brands, all work well so long as the back is cleaned. I couldn't decide between dark blue and black (read a lot of opinions on the forum) so I went with a combo of both. Black on bottom but more and more blue as you get to the top. I'm happy with it.

Latest posts