reeflo question

So I have trident pump. I was told to make sure to give it 2' from sump to pump or as much space as possible. And no elbows withing 2 feet. I may have my sump in a coat closet so I don't have 2 foot to give. Has anyone used external pumps vertically? Does it work like that? Or does it not suck water? I'm talking mounting the pump on the wall and having 2' or so of PVC or tubing dipping into the sump for the feed. I may not even go this route. Still debating in having the sump in the garage. (20' away)

My Tank Build
The inlet of the pump need to be below your sump water level. The pump won't vacuum suck water up a line. Also I strongly advise against mounting the pump to a wall in your house. It will vibrate the walling in your house so much it will drive u crazy. U would b able to here the pump through the whole house. I mounted mine on a 2" piece of styrofoam and it's still a constant humming sound.

Spinner

Supporter
While I am a fan of Reeflo and their customer service......I have (2) Darts and a Barracuda on this build along with a Laguna 4200 running my reactors. Those Trident pumps are not a very good design with many problems I had (4) of them and sent them back. Many threads on all forums regarding those pumps I would not use them if it was me:(