New to SoCaliReefs!

Hello Everyone!

I finally started up an account here after hearing so many references about this site from RC. I am excited to see how this smaller community works/interacts in this wonderful addiction we call Reef keeping! So about me...

I live in Long Beach and am a full time student at CSULB Trying to complete my Bachelors in Music (tuba) Performance, a Minor in Business, and possibly a second Minor in Marine Biology! Looking for a job right now to support my SW addiction as I was laid off from my previous job.

I am an avid Mac enthusiast and worked at the Apple store for sometime, so if you have any Apple related questions, feel free to ask!

A lot of people find it funny that you can get a Tuba performance major! I find it funnier that I have not found another Tubist that owns a saltwater tank! (probably because both are pretty expensive!)

Well, thats pretty much me! Oh, and the Name is Bobby! :thrasher:

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Welcome Bobby...glad you finally made your way over here...of course it would be a proper introduction without a pix or 2 :D

hi bobby, i'm a mac enthusiast my self and have been wanting to get a job at apple. how did you go around getting a job there? thanks and welcome!!

Hello everyone! I will get some pics up of my tank later! Figured I would e doing that soon!

Saba, shoot me PM if u are really interested and I can explain all about that adventure of a job! FYI they say it is harder to get a job at apple than it is to get into Hardvard... ;-)

Well figured I have waited long enough to put some pics of my tank up and describe what I have!

Tank
- 150g Glass visio on a crappy stand with a crappy hood... I wish I knew more when i first started this tank!!!

- 30G Sump that again I wish I could have changed!!!

Filtration
- Mangroves and Cheato in refugium
- 2x TLF Phosban and Carbon reactor
- Octopus DNW 150 External Skimmer
- 18x Turbo Twist UV

Lighting
- Sunlight TEK supply 6x 54w T5

Live Stock
- 4" Midas Blenny (My favorite) "Spongebob"
- 3" Chocolate Tang "Cocoa"
- 4" Single Spot Fox-Face "Foxy"
- 2x Small Firefish "Mario Brothers"