moisture in attic?

I plan on having a vent on the top of my coat closet to vent humidity . I'll probably use one of those dryer venting tubes to redirect the moisture towards an exit in the attic. But I'm sure some moisture will leak. Is it a big deal if moisture gets up in the attic? The heat up there should probably quickly evaporate the moisture right? I'm thinking about drilling a hole on the ground to vent cool air from the bottom of the house up too. (House on raised foundation)

Spinner

Supporter
Run your vent thru closet ceiling them run wiggle worm ducting to one of your eve vents. It will be a little pain but this way you are venting to the outside not the attic. Do this in early morning hours when attic is coolest to work in also run duct to side of house not getting wind so your fan motor is not pushing against any breeze coming thru eve vent:)

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
Run your vent thru closet ceiling them run wiggle worm ducting to one of your eve vents. It will be a little pain but this way you are venting to the outside not the attic. Do this in early morning hours when attic is coolest to work in also run duct to side of house not getting wind so your fan motor is not pushing against any breeze coming thru eve vent:)
+1.....

Spinner

Supporter
You can also run duct to a roof dormer vent may be closer and easier just keep duct as straight/supported as possible helps venting work better.

Yeepp black mold is called invisible killer, be extremely caution !!! Do some research i recommend.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk