Show us your water-making station!

Yes please! Keep them coming! I am archiving them on our Pinterest page so they are all in one spot. :)

Amy @ MD
Link to your pinterest account?
i kinda doubt most guys here have pinterest.

study shows that only 30% of men use pinterest.. and that's based upon having an account. I think the actual rate of usage among men would be even lower.

i swear it's like crack to women though.

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter

study shows that only 30% of men use pinterest.. and that's based upon having an account. I think the actual rate of usage among men would be even lower.

+1 agreed to both comments, I have an account because the wife turned me to it and I never go on, But she's always on it! Lol

Well, Ok, you saw my water-making side of the house, so I might as well show off the water-cooling side of the house too. : )

My TECO 1/2HP chiller is housed in an enclosure that is an exact scale model of my full-size gazebo (which houses a hot tub)

I designed and built both (just for the heck of it/to see if I could do it).

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Pinterest

+1 agreed to both comments, I have an account because the wife turned me to it and I never go on, But she's always on it! Lol
We don't disagree, it's just an easy way for us to archive all the water-making stations people shared with us on various message boards. We'll be able to share the link with anyone looking for inspiration and, if hobbyists want to learn more, they can click through to the individual board.

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Well, Ok, you saw my water-making side of the house, so I might as well show off the water-cooling side of the house too. : )

My TECO 1/2HP chiller is housed in an enclosure that is an exact scale model of my full-size gazebo (which houses a hot tub)

I designed and built both (just for the heck of it/to see if I could do it).

My RO filter pumps out 5tds water

No booster pump either

- Water General 4 stage 150gpd RO
- Water General 2 stage DI
-2x 65g mixing barrels
(www.plastic-mart.com)
- Jebao 12000 DC mixing pump
-spears 1" schedule 80 ball valves

When I mix new salt, I just fill the salt container with approximately 45 gallons. Then I add 1-50g bag of instant ocean salt. I'll let it mix for a few hours, and add water until I get the salinity to 1.026. This way I never have to measure out the salt.

Attachments

LMAO! Let's be honest, I AM about the height of your average/everyday Hobbit (or so my best friends keep telling me)

This would save a TON in energy costs, LOL!

- Building a 10-foot Gazebo = Pretty cool
- Building a Mini Gazebo = Pretty weird
- Fitting in a Mini Gazebo = Pretty freaky
- Partying Down with MiniME = FREAKIN' PRICELESS!

Last edited:
Being so messy I would spill water on the table holding my water containers and the table started to cave in. I decided to make another table with old wood and purchase some 2x4. I have a gap between each wood to allow water to drain.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Being so messy I would spill water on the table holding my water containers and the table started to cave in. I decided to make another table with old wood and purchase some 2x4. I have a gap between each wood to allow water to drain.

Very Nice Kenny!

bvysochin

Supporter
2020 POTM
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
Very easy fix...
Coat your entire table in Fiberglass resin (simple two-part liquid, brush-on jobby) and it will last longer than you or me.
Archeologists will be digging up your table 5,000 years from now wonder if it were an elephant stand or something, LOL!

If you look at my photos at post #23 you'll see that both the table top and stubby tank stand were coated. Both are treated lumber to start with.

I also built and encapsulated a 10-foot redwood bench in the stuff:
http://www.socalireefs.com/forums/showthread.php?59131-I-was-bored-this-weekend-so

Last edited: