how to change gauge??

i need to change the gauge on my carbondoser. i dropped it a few times and the gauge's no longer zero out. i tried everything but noting give. i wanted to see if anyone knows a way to change the two changes. going to try and call the company tomorrow.

thanks

xmas_one

I wouldn't bother swapping it out, but if you must, they just unscrew. Be sure to use Teflon tape when you put the new one on.

xmas_one

I think you might be doing something wrong. Get an open end wrench (I think it's a 1/2" or 13mm) and put it on the neck of the gage between the dial and the regulator. Turn counterclockwise and it should come right off, unless it's some weirdo regulator with the gages sweated/soldered to the body. Post a pic and we'll figure it out.

xmas_one

Yeah, get a wrench that fits onto the silver colored flat part between the gage and the regulator body, turn counterclockwise.

Best advice though is to do nothing as the accuracy of either of those gages is not incredibly important. How far off zero are they?

Its gonna be a 1/2" or 9/16" open end wrench and their gonna be a pita to loosen. They used thread sealant paste on the threads, when that stuff drys its like superglue.
The best thing to do is remove the regulator from the bottle and clamp it in a vise and then try to unscrew them. You might actually have to heat the brass around the threads slightly with a map gas torch to melt the paste a little.
Or take the regulator off and take it to a place like so cal airgas and have them replace the gauges.

Ps do not I repeat DO NOT!!!! use the torch method with the regulator attached to the tank you risk blowing yourself into little tiny pieces.

Last edited:

Latest posts