Clownfish Fish / Coral ID Help!

I have what appears to be an Acan but it's got a long soft body....? Maybe not?

And this clownfish.. I'm not sure what this is exactly, it was purchased as a "clarkii" but when I placed it in with my Clarkii.... It was friendly at first, but after 2 days I had to divide the two. Somehow my Clarkii got over a piece of acryllic and it got killed.... Clarkii's is out of the question!

Seems to me like either a A. Sebae or A. Polymnus. I don't think it is a Sebae, because it has black pelvic fins similar to a Polymnus/Saddleback, but the yellow tail throws me off.

If anybody could help, atleast with the clownfish it would be wonderful.. I'm debating between getting rid of him and going traditional oscellaris where I can't eff up, or attempt to find a 2nd one of his kind....

TIA!

Do your Acans extend almost 2 inches?

I would say Sabae, I've had a saddleback and they didn't look anything like that .
Hmmmm.... okay, thanks! I had a hunch it would have been a Sebae, but the more I google the two, the more confused I get. I found a small clown listed as a "sebae" at a LFS, but it didn't look anything like mine.. They could be wrong though!

Looks like an acan to me also. Maybe not getting enough light and stretching towards the light. Not sure on clown. I thought it was clarkii but searched what bean suggested and does look like saddleback.

Looks like an acan to me also. Maybe not getting enough light and stretching towards the light. Not sure on clown. I thought it was clarkii but searched what bean suggested and does look like saddleback.
I've had a saddle back and that's not it... Don't know what it is exactly though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with lowbudget. The acan needs more light. Is it always like that?
It's basically like that every time it's extended. Even when I blast light higher than usual it's still like that. I don't think it's growing towards the light, because the ones on the side grow far to the side... One of the heads on the side somehow stretched about 1 1/2 inches to sting my ricordia, unless something shifted the ricordia over to the left..

It's strange, because it does not look like it's starving in any way shape or form, it's grown 3 new heads since I've gotten it about 6 weeks ago. I do not want to move it because it is doing so well right underneath the light, but at the bottom of a shallow 20 long tank.

I honestly think I have an angry freak acan out to kill everything. :a28:

Latest posts