sump ideas - 100g

In all actuality I think it is better to have unfiltered water going to the fuge. ( more nurtrients for macro) however this isnt always possible due to space constrants, not to mention deitrus in the fuge.

How bout something like this....Im going to make my own this time and exclude the fuge area for a bigger skimmer/ reactor area.

I would get rid of the 2 small baffles after the fuge, dont need them if you keep the flow through it slow and ypu can make the fuge bigger.
The water level in my sump is around 12inches, the fuge baffle is at 14" with a 1" deep weir. The flow is slow enough that I have no micro bubbles in the return section.
Heres a better pic of the fuge baffle...

If you want ill take a video of it in operation when I get home and try and post it for you.

This is how I have mine set up. Fuge is double fed, pump from skimmer/intake section and off return manifold (uv and carbon). When I finally get around to drilling it, it will have a bean setup with an extra 1/2" drain dedicated to just the fuge and dump the reactors into the return section.... I know, its a bit of a mess under there right now

Attachments

Latest posts