Euro Reef rs100 skimmer need help !!!!!

I have a euro reef rs100 skimmer w/sedra3500 pump in sump its in 11inch of water the instruction manual says 6 to 8 inches of water. Yesterday raised it to 7 inches of water and the chamber in the skimmer wasint filling up with water. So had to put it back down on the floor of the sump which is 1 1 inches of water. Why not working when raised up to proper specs? Need input thanks guys.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I have a euro reef rs100 skimmer w/sedra3500 pump in sump its in 11inch of water the instruction manual says 6 to 8 inches of water. Yesterday raised it to 7 inches of water and the chamber in the skimmer wasint filling up with water. So had to put it back down on the floor of the sump which is 1 1 inches of water. Why not working when raised up to proper specs? Need input thanks guys.
Because you need to rotate the tube get the water to the level of the neck...

The tube that goes up (water outlet) usually has something to do with the water level.sitting I. Deeper water means higher head level Inside. Usually higher level will cause it to wet skim. (Constant overflowing). The pump can only produce a certain height when working properly. So if sump level too low it'll cause a low head level. Higher water higher head level. Make sure the air intake is not clogged too. No air means now foam.

I checked the air line tube clear and already tried adjust wedge pipe no go. maybe my pump is not strong enough no more. needs to be in deeper water idk.

Latest posts