GHL Doser LCD Screen Replacement

So I purchased a used GHL 4 Pump doser from a buddy for a smokin' deal and some of the pixels were out on the LCD screen. Through some interweb searching I found a thread about ordering a replacement screen.

With an email to- sales@aqua-digital.com , I purchased a replacement lcd screen for $84.00 shipped from Canada. I emailed them Friday night and got an email the following Monday. I received the screen in less than a week.

Other than snapping a piece of plastic off one of the Blue Clips (still fits but is a little loose) the installation wasn't hard at all. The longest part was figuring out how to separate the housing.

Here we go-

First you take the blue clips off, all 8... four on top and four on the bottom.

I used a tiny flat head to wedge the tabs open so I could separate the halves. This was the hardest part took some time to figure that out but I did it nice and easy so I wouldn't break any plastic.

Unplug the screen.

Remove the screws on the right with a tiny phillips, and the four on the left used some needle nose. You have to use two pairs one to hold the sleeve underneath and the other to unscrew the nut. I just got it started then removed the nut by hand.

New LCD screen board thing ;) Lined it up, screwed it in... ez pz

So I had to learn some German, so after googling Sprache (language) and Jetzt Speichern (save now).... Voila!

Last edited:
Yep sure does, I just wouldn't want the doser to fail (like the pumps) and fill my tank with alk, etc. :) good luck

This is one difference though, can manually add the elements with a touch of a button. The white squares in the picture.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Great job on repair. Sometimes I find that exercise fun and sometimes not. It always seems great used deals come with a little baggage. Aren't the jebao knockoffs a little over a hundred new and you don't have to know German, maybe just a little chinese though.

I am impressed. At the least, I would have cracked the case, or one of those brackets with my talent and patience. Good job congrats.

Great job on repair. Sometimes I find that exercise fun and sometimes not. It always seems great used deals come with a little baggage. Aren't the jebao knockoffs a little over a hundred new and you don't have to know German, maybe just a little chinese though.

I am impressed. At the least, I would have cracked the case, or one of those brackets with my talent and patience. Good job congrats.
Thanks yeah I just wanted to go with something proven. These have been out for several years and many like them. The QC on the chinese equipment is terrible and for something this important I simply didnt want to risk it. It may turn out they run great with no probs who knows.

xmas_one

Thanks yeah I just wanted to go with something proven. These have been out for several years and many like them. The QC on the chinese equipment is terrible and for something this important I simply didnt want to risk it. It may turn out they run great with no probs who knows.
That is chinese equipment. You're in for a big surprise if you think that doser is made in Germany.

Id prefer this over jebao any day haha but I see your point I guess.

Given their dc pumps suck and dont perform to specs and the powerheads fail... that we cant argue.