Help Rena filter keeps leaking on my qt tank

Is this causing the leak? The circle in this o ring surrounding the motor has a gap in it.

But that piece sits Deere inside the filter than where the lid clamps in. Plus the lid has it's own I ring.

I have also noticed the 4 clips that seal that canister shut aren't as hard to close as they usually are. Any ideas?!?!?!

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Is this causing the leak? The circle in this o ring surrounding the motor has a gap in it.

But that piece sits Deere inside the filter than where the lid clamps in. Plus the lid has it's own I ring.

I have also noticed the 4 clips that seal that canister shut aren't as hard to close as they usually are. Any ideas?!?!?!
Dude dump that, what u use it for anyways?? When I first started I had that same filter then one morning my floor was a indoor pool -_-

Cool just tex me the diameter. Even if your not going to use it anymore just to get it fix let me know

Zoarder, I just use it for qt. plus that's not often. But maybe just buying a cheap back filter will work? What ya think?

I've used many of these canisters in the past (all three sizes)
NO, that is not the cause of your leak, though you should still replace it (o-ring) as it allows some water to bypass the filter.
Where exactly is the leak occuring, from the canister housing itself? (large part) or the top central connector that hooks up your hoses?

A) Completely clean the entire filtration unit thoroughly
B) Check for any damaged components (drain water from head unit if present)
C) Apply light coat of plumbers grease to main basket gasket AND the two small gaskets on the inlet pipe
D) Load baskets "normally" ensuring that they do not put pressure against the motor housing when assembled.
E) Mount motor housing and press down evenly (before clamping) to ensure it is seating correctly (not skewed to one corner or another)
F) Clamp all four corners and test

If all else fails I have a brand new large XP for sale ($100)
I hope this helps

Kevin

I've used many of these canisters in the past (all three sizes)
NO, that is not the cause of your leak, though you should still replace it (o-ring) as it allows some water to bypass the filter.
Where exactly is the leak occuring, from the canister housing itself? (large part) or the top central connector that hooks up your hoses?

A) Completely clean the entire filtration unit thoroughly
B) Check for any damaged components (drain water from head unit if present)
C) Apply light coat of plumbers grease to main basket gasket AND the two small gaskets on the inlet pipe
D) Load baskets "normally" ensuring that they do not put pressure against the motor housing when assembled.
E) Mount motor housing and press down evenly (before clamping) to ensure it is seating correctly (not skewed to one corner or another)
F) Clamp all four corners and test

If all else fails I have a brand new large XP for sale ($100)
I hope this helps

Kevin
thanks Kevin, that's really helpful. I'll let ya know on the canister.