Full go on an ADA 60F

I've been doing a lot of research on how I'm going to set this one up, but I need some help!
I have an overflow from glassholes already, but I'm not sure if I should go that route or stick with water changes.
To drill or not to drill aside- my main concern is; what type of lighting I should use?
I've been looking at AI Vega, Nanobox Duo, and the Razor 16k

What do you guys think?
The tank dimensions are about 24" by 12" by 7"

Let me know what you guys think and I'll start a build thread.
Also looking for a clean stand.

I would install overflow to the tank. Add sump is add more volume of the tank which keep the tank more stable, and hide all the equipment in their instead of putting it inside the tank like Skimmer, Heater, etc.

What kind of coral that you plan to keep in that tank?
do you even consider 24" HO T5 and stripe of LED , which you can grow a lot of different kind of corals in that tank?

Drilled will save you alot of headaches down the road, but I suggest going with a bigger tank but it all depends on what you plan on keeping, so decide on that then look into equipment.

I have a 30g reef that's been up for a year with a sump, ato, the whole shabang. Prior I had a 12g long reef (I upgraded tank size for more stuff). So I'm not too extremely nooby.

I'm looking into keeping ricordias, some softies, and maaaaybe a bubbletip anemone until it outgrows the tank, which will then be transferred to my larger set up.

xmas_one

If you can make wc's a religion, then go that route. It's sort of stupid to run a skimmer/sump on a tank that small. If you're just doing low light stuff, a par38 or a a150 kessil would be more than enough on a tank that shallow.

If you can make wc's a religion, then go that route. It's sort of stupid to run a skimmer/sump on a tank that small. If you're just doing low light stuff, a par38 or a a150 kessil would be more than enough on a tank that shallow.
Thanks! I was thinking kessil, but the nanobox LEDs and others that I can link up to my phone would be pretty sweet

If its going to be on the other side of a wall or next to your main tank, drill it and plumb it into your existing sump.... 1 top-off, 1 skimmer, 1 set of water parameters...

If you are not set on LED, I would go with a T5/LED hybrid. From what I have read it sounds like the best of the color/growth/heat triad. That's what I am going with for my lighting upgrade on my 125.

The primary reason I was even thinking about drilling my tank is to set up an ATO in sump, because there will be a shitton of evap.
Yeah evap is a pain on smaller tanks.. I hated it on my nano. But with sump your params will be more stable.

I've been doing a lot of research on how I'm going to set this one up, but I need some help!
I have an overflow from glassholes already, but I'm not sure if I should go that route or stick with water changes.
To drill or not to drill aside- my main concern is; what type of lighting I should use?
I've been looking at AI Vega, Nanobox Duo, and the Razor 16k

What do you guys think?
The tank dimensions are about 24" by 12" by 7"

Let me know what you guys think and I'll start a build thread.
Also looking for a clean stand.
Hahaha

Trying to drill an ADA tank? Aren't you the kid from the freshwater plant forum Scape that nobody likes? Now you're over here asking noob questions about salt. At least ask an legitimate question for some good advice and not stupid questions :frusty: