Where to get acrylic baffles?

Hi i live in corona. I was wondering if anyone knew a place in the ie, oc, or la area to get blacked out acrylic baffles? Want to make some chambers in my sump. Thanks

Hi i live in corona. I was wondering if anyone knew a place in the ie, oc, or la area to get blacked out acrylic baffles? Want to make some chambers in my sump. Thanks
how handy are you?

you can buy acrylic scraps to use as baffles from a bunch of different plastic suppliers.

personally, i go to paragon plastic because it's really close to work, and i can go shopping during lunch.

Its welds pretty quickly. But if you can give it a day . I'd say 4 hours would work. You can poke at the weld to see how hard it is. People tend to think its glue like. The weld literally bonds the acrylic together. So there's no real drying process.

Its welds pretty quickly. But if you can give it a day . I'd say 4 hours would work. You can poke at the weld to see how hard it is. People tend to think its glue like. The weld literally bonds the acrylic together. So there's no real drying process.
This is true but the bond does strengthen over a few days. And it's only baffles you'll be fine. But larger tanks and whatnot need a couple days to come to a 100% strength bond.

Will i need to run water through it first to remove any residue or chemicals? Thanks asking because this sump is currently in use so i have to shut it down to do the project.

Latest posts