Anyone know how to install Rapid LED retrofit kits?

I have an Oceanic Biocube 29 I'd like to buy one of the retrofit kits for. Just wondering if anyone near by would be willing to gut the hood and install it? I'm in Garden Grove. Shoot me a pm if you know how to do it, and how much you charge. I haven't ordered yet, waiting to see if I get a legit response lol. Thanks in advance!

gr1mm

I gutted my jbj 28 hood but thought the light was too strong and too close so I ended up hanging it about 15" from the water line. I'm running 24x3watts.

@Marcos, thanks for the info. I think the one I was looking at were 1 watts. I'll have to double check.
@James, have you done I'd before? As far as wiring and whatever else?

Definitely. I just don't know how to properly gut the hood and wire everything together. I have to pay someone to come change my check valve every year, can't manage to do that either lol. How long do you think the whole thing takes? I have all jumpers in the cube, so I can't go without a lid.

The solderless kit should be cake and gutting the hood is even easier...I dont think you would like the led in the hood ,especially itll be sitting pretty close to the water line. I would suggest going topless with a glass lid or a screen, and hanging the light. I currently have a BC29 setup for my sun, and I'm topless with a ecoxotic par38 on a goosneck… as for you jumpers issue, you can always get a glass lid, acrylic lid, or screen to secure the perimeter.

I definitely have to keep the canopy on, too many jumpers in the tank. I'm not a fan of the top less tanks. Any other suggestions? I'm really unhappy with the ecoxotic pros and I definitely don't want to go back to pcs.

I definitely have to keep the canopy on, too many jumpers in the tank. I'm not a fan of the top less tanks. Any other suggestions? I'm really unhappy with the ecoxotic pros and I definitely don't want to go back to pcs.
Well anything is better then PC. I guess you can always try it out the DIY kit and if the spread is not to your taste you can always see if oceanic or marine&reef has a replacement or add-on kit hood similar to their BC29 HQI setup.

Do rimless and hang or grab a gooseneck... and if your scared of jumpers just get a custom made glass top at your local fish store.. it should be less then 25 bucks for and it makes it look sleek

Ok, to be completely clear, I'm not looking to go rimless, or screen top. I am using the original hood and working with that. This is my preference so with that said, would it be better to go with lower wattage LEDs si ce they're right above the water? There's some guys in NY that I order my moonlights from, I think they use like .5 watt strips. They're pretty bright, but also comes with a dimmer. I could have them make one sized to fit. Would that be a better option? My only question is will it be enough for an anemone? I feed it everday, I would assume it'll be fine.