Pump advice

OneWayne

Need a return pump for a 66g dual 3/4 return , system runs a jbj 1/10 chiller inline so I'm not sure of head pressure but with the tall stand and chiller I'm going to guess around 8-9 feet, I'm looking at the sp4 but cannot find a flow chart , I'd like to hit around 400 gph. I'm also looking at the Laguna but again not sure which model but the 1350 seems a likely choice. Any experienced people please chime in. I do have a ball valve after pump so throttling it back isn't a problem but would rather be high than low without going overboard with watts.
Thanks

I meant to say if you close a gate valve after the ret pump would that make ret pump work harder thus shortening the life of ret pump?

OneWayne

I meant to say if you close a gate valve after the ret pump would that make ret pump work harder thus shortening the life of ret pump?
Supposedly it's fine for most pumps, the problem is wasting electricity and heat output with a pump that's to large , I really wanted to hear from somebody who has a sp2 or 4 pump. There's a huge difference in flow between the two , wish they had an sp3 :) that would be perfect .

Latest posts