16 gallon aqua japan AIO

You'll be fine just caution on the sps. I'm using a 70w compact MH so I can grow nice huge sps

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

Here are some update pics of the tank with the lights on and all cleared up. Been clear since the day after setup which was last week when I started the tank. So far in two tests that I have done my ammonia is zero and my nitrites are .25 and nitrates are 10 and ph is 8.2. I will be getting a Red Sea test kit for my other tests that I need this week, along with what ever other supplies I need.

You'll be fine just caution on the sps. I'm using a 70w compact MH so I can grow nice huge sps

I think we are only doing zoas and palys with maybe some other easy corals. I was going to head over and talk to the guys at CoC and maybe over to igotcorals and see what they recommended.

I started one today with live rock, live sand and media ring that have been seeded already. Expecting to have it cycle within two weeks maybe less since there is so much bacteria added.

I think we are only doing zoas and palys with maybe some other easy corals. I was going to head over and talk to the guys at CoC and maybe over to igotcorals and see what they recommended.
Sounds like your good with the lights. I thought each light was 15w it's not going to be enough for sps. For proper growth. I'm do sps acans and a anemone.

I started one today with live rock, live sand and media ring that have been seeded already. Expecting to have it cycle within two weeks maybe less since there is so much bacteria added.

I used extra rock that was in my sump from my 110 to seed and start the cycle but that was it.

Here is 2 videos showing the flow in my tank from just the rio+600 return pump. No powerheads are being used. I think it's ready for a fish or 2 since I didn't see a spike in ammonia or nitrite and I've been testing every other day. (But I think I might wait another few days just to be safe)As of my tests last night they were ammonia 0, nitrite .25, nitrate 10 and ph 8.2. I will test cal, alk and mag this weekend when I get my test kit. I am not rushing to put corals in.

https://vimeo.com/103853982https://vimeo.com/103854001

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
How do you like the black substrate? I'm thinking of redoing my 30g with black.

I'm extremely happy with this nano! I've got a lot of flow and what not just from a rio 600 return pump. No powerhead on this system.

Was it a plug and play or you need to do adjustments when you put in the rio pump? Are they similar in size?

Was it a plug and play or you need to do adjustments when you put in the rio pump? Are they similar in size?

It was plug and play. All the small rio pumps from 200-800 are the same size. I will probably add one of those hydor flow thingys to randomize the flow and slow it down just a tad

It was plug and play. All the small rio pumps from 200-800 are the same size. I will probably add one of those hydor flow thingys to randomize the flow and slow it down just a tad
Thank I'm going to order one to get more flow!! Then I'll be able to place a skimmer there

Latest posts