Whats a good thermometer

I have two coralife thermometer one in the sump and one in the DT plus the thermometer from the reefkeeper in the sump and the one on the chiller so I have 4 different readings and am just trying to get one main temperature from the DT am getting 81.2 and sump 79.3 those are from the coralife and the reefkeeper in the sump its at 75.7 and chiller is 74.6. So what's a good thermometer that can trust out there because am just getting all random temperatures

thanks,

Use the same one. They do crap out and read differently from calcium build up etc. Sump I've noticed is slightly lower but not significant. Chiller is reading low probably because it was running and parts are cool. Sump usually doesn't have a light either. I haven't tried this but try getting a thermal gun and point it at the tip of each thermometer to see what it reads.

The reefkeeper thermometer probe is usually pretty accurate but does require some calibration from time to time.. I use this inferred thermometer called "temp gun TG1" to calibrate it.

http://tempgun.com/

Its $30 and accurate.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
From my understanding, the glass ones are the best and can be used to calibrate the digital ones.

Ill try to get one of those glass ones and see if that works to calibrate or else i have to get tempgun. Should i get the temp reading from the sump or dt

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Ill try to get one of those glass ones and see if that works to calibrate or else i have to get tempgun. Should i get the temp reading from the sump or dt
I always get the reeding from my sump, should be same temp.