Anyone have UPS on their Apex????

Anyone have UPS or Battery back on their APEX to email you when the power goes out??? I'm wondering what UPS to get. Also what you are running for back up on your router?
Kenny

I have but just to keep the system running as normal for as long as possible - currently at full load for about 30 minutes. Not got around to one for the router yet - its on the to do list!

Someone posted the diagram here how to set it up so it sends the power failure alarm (mine won't as still get power from UPS).

W.

bvysochin

Supporter
2020 POTM
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
Just about any UPS will work. You do need the 12v adapter that Neptune sells to plug into the UPS, and then to the APEX (Unless they're included these nowdays--I don't know. The adapter wasn't included when I bought my apex about 2 years ago. I think I paid $12 or so for it from Neptune). As PilotWolf mentioned, you need to also have another UPS for your Cable/DSL Modem, as well as your router. You can either use the same one, if your modem/router is near your Apex, or you can just buy two UPS's. I'm using a few APC ES-550 that I bought at Fry's a few years back for around $40 each.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
just get a apc if you want one to warn you your power is out then the cheap 50$ is good enough

Last edited:
I am thinking about it but if you just plug your apex into it you will be running everything so it will not last very long. I am thinking of using one of the ecotech ones that work with the vortech pumps so that only your pump keeps going and can run for days. Then you only have to worry about temps.