Innovative Marine Nuvo 16

Sump or No sump

• DIY Overflow out of PVC for sump

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a question for whoever is looking or following this thread. I am planning to do a sump for this tank I have a spare 20H tank and was going to make it into a sump. Reason I want to do this is so I can put a protein skimmer down there since Innovative Marine 16g is limited on protein skimmers that look nice in the tank and I don't like the HOB skimmers look on the tank as it takes away from the sleekness. I also want a refugium for the added bonus of extra filtration as I am going to be doing bi-weekly water changes and to hide some of the wires.

Went to my lfs yesterday and got hooked up with some corals. They are all ORA forgot the names but they are nice for the Midwest. BEWARE: Photography taken with iPhone 6s Plus and don't mind the algae I am winning the war of nuisance alge

I am getting insane pulp extension right now the colors are pretty dead on with the exception of the Arcopora which is a bit greener and yellowish tan color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:
Added 5 Red Mangroves
3 in the DT
2 in the HOB refugium
Also some caulerpa to the right of tank

Corals are growing slowly but surely after a hiccup.

Just starting trying to get a good picture
Fighting cyano hopefully it dies down eventually

So I moved back to LA and I lost a couple of corals but I am back up. Excited to start visiting some reef stores once I'm settled in.
Here is a couple of pictures I took.

So this past week I lost two of my favorite corals! One that had purple, bright blue and yellow coloring. And a white/yellow and green torch. Leaving in the tank to see if they come back.
I put a bleach rock even though I was advice to cycle it first. And it added an ammonia spike. Hopefully the corals that got semi bleached recover.

Couple new things
Incredible Hulk Lepto

Frog skin(needs to color up a bit) almost lost it

Garf Bonsai(I'm excited to finally getting this coral)

Oregon Tort

This shrimp misses its torch, it's been walking the whole tank trying to find something suitable

Heating issue killed some corals today. I got an update of overheating. It bleached some corals. sad day I notice a lot of corals are bleached at the base

I took growth pictures my stuff are recovering slowly but at least there is growth. Hopefully they do better in the upcoming months. Left is new growth right is old pictures

I am adding a Golden assessor basslet so excited I wanted this fish for a long time now.

Swimming upside down and eating already. It's separated in the mini refugium. Doing good so far. I did notice a slightly bent back. Hopefully I'm seeing wrong.

Being a productive member of the reef.
Just a little fight thing with my watchman goby for underneath the rock territory

Just moved tanks and algae is bad!! And worst my auto feeder dumped food into tank but it was my fault. Fixing the stand a bit still need to paint but slowly getting there little by little I'm remodeling my tank. Slowly but surely. Wiring management will be done next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk