Anyone have experience with Crown Moldings?

hahaha...i did my whole house. took me a good day to do the whole kitchen, living room, and all the baseboards of my house

dwl

it is not too tough with the right tools.

actually the easiest way IS to cut at 45 degrees, BUT you have to hold the crown on the base and fence like it will be on the wall, only upside down.

i am assuming you are using a power miter saw, if not, get one or borrow one.

there are 2 ways that are common; one with a compound miter , forgot the angles, but i can get them if you need.

the other way, as i stated above is to treat the base (table) of the saw as if it was the ceiling (or top in your case) and the fence as the wall, then just 45 it.

let me know if you need more info/help

i have a crown molding book if you need to borrow it. i did most of my house and the net projct it these with raised ceilings in the master bedroom.. too much fun

Thanks for all the help everyone! I finally cut everything perfectly. It took me a bunch of mistake cuts but I finally got it. Now I just gotta gorilla glue it to my canopy & paint and im finally done with my canopy. Ill post pictures once im finished.

dwl

be really careful with the gorilla glue since it expands and bubbles a lot when curing.
i would suggest just using good old titebond glue; they also have waterproof titebond if you think you need that

good luck

Latest posts