Not rodi? Milwaukee refractometer

Hey guys, I upgraded my rodi system last week. I've been making a ton of water. I went to do a water change on my tank, and was going to test the SG of the water using my Milwaukee digital refractometer. I take some fresh rodi I've been using for top off, to calibrate the refractometer. I keep getting this "LO" error. I looked the error up, and it says wrong calibration used to zero instrument. Use distilled or rodi water. Hmmm.

Now to the rodi system. It started as a 90gpd, 4 stage system. I then added a brs dual di. I have since updated it to as follows:
1st stage:rosave.z 1 micron sediment filter
2nd stage:matrix 5 micron carbon filter
3rd stage: matrix .6 micron carbon filter
4th stage: spectrapure RO membrane
5th stage: spectrapure di silica buster
6th stage: brs color changing di

Tds into the membrane is 185.
Tds out of the membrane is 2.
Tds out of the di is 0.

Any idea why my refractometer won't calibrate, or why my water wouldn't be rodi? All help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think my refractometer is the problem. Could it be the brs filters?

Shouldnt be. Try calibrating with cali fluid or buy some dimin from store. I would still change the battery in it. Ive had problems with my hanna phos checker not calibrating, change the battery and bam works fine

Wife went to the store for some distilled water and a new 9v. Anyone else have any ideas?

Did you put all new filters? If so did you run them for a while before you started making water to flush the brand new filters? I believe your suppose to run the system for a while before using the water

Chris

Did you put all new filters? If so did you run them for a while before you started making water to flush the brand new filters? I believe your suppose to run the system for a while before using the water

Chris
This is true, however I dont think it would affect his meter not calibrating.
Unless he used the waste water to calibrate with accidently. :eek:

Chris
This is true, however I dont think it would affect his meter not calibrating.
Unless he used the waste water to calibrate with accidently. :eek:
I ran it for 30 mins before I used the water. I bought a new battery, and some distilled water, neither of which helped. I ended up buying another refractometer off amazon with overnight shipping. Should be here today. Hopefully my water isn't a problem.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
I just bought my Milwaukee from Marine Depot and they were try old by Milwaukee the calibration should be done with their calibration water...my kit came with some....I think it's something like RODI water steamed.... if you don't have Milwaukee's calibration fluid I was told you can contact Milwaukee to get some.

What was the result of this?

The result was that I must have dropped it and screwed it up. Ordered another and that ones good to go. Returned the broken one to Amazon of course.

Latest posts