T5/LED Combo

Just thought I'd share my story. I'm building a T5/LED fixture for my 20 gallon tank to replace the 150W MH fixture I currently have on it since most of the corals are LPS and soft corals now. Its going to be a single T5 bulb either 6700k or 12000k bulb with a strip of 4 blue and 4 royal blue LEDs mounted onto the single T5 strip bulb fixture. Here are pics of the build so far.

I'm using 4 Cree XP-E Blue LEDs and 4 Cree XT-E Royal Blue LEDs. I just finished the LED tests and I'm going to be driving them at about 340mA with a 24VDC power supply since the dimmable driver I bought sucks and doesn't do the job. I'm almost done as I have to mount some small heat sinks onto the LED strip. Heat sinks are drilled and ready to be mounted. I'll have more pics when I finish that on Tuesday.

campge

2020 Philanthropist
Looks good I just did 2 strips of royal blues.. Each strip has. 24 LEDs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, how do you like the color? Did you use any optics?

Nice, how do you like the color? Did you use any optics?

The color is pretty good. Brings out more colors in the corals. I wish the specs of the reflector were correct, then the fixture would be more compact. Overall, it's pretty good and doesn't give off heat like the MH I had on the tank before.

Latest posts