Pumps

mkfmedic

Hey Everyone.

I have redesigned and ordered my new sump and am now looking for a new pump for increased flow. I am currently using a Jaebo 6000, which is dead silent and I have had 0 problems. I just want more flow so I am looking at a couple of options. By the way, when I switch, I'll be selling a used Jaebo 6000 for a great deal!

I considered the Jaebo 12000 but doing internet and other research have heard of quite a few problems with this particular unit, including failure and things like the power supply problems etc. Although DC and control-ability is nice, it is not a must for me. But all thoughts are appreciated.

Here is my current list. Internal Sump is my only option.

Hagen Fluval SP4. Have heard a lot of great things about this pump, it's construction and reliability. They us Askol (Sp?) pumps and provide them to Red Dragon which I have heard is an industry standard for pumps... and more than I wish to spend.

Sicce Syncra 5.0

Reef Octopus?

Or whatever else people might suggest that will provide over 1200gph flow at 3.5 to 4 feet of head pressure.

Thanks again for any thoughts.

Best Regards,

Mike

Why not keep your existing return pump and crank up the power heads or add more for more flow in tank? Just a thought

Fluval sp4, WB HY10000 or bigger, laguna 1500 or bigger are my 3 options I would choose btwn. Any of these pumps would power your manifold and plenty on reserve for future upgrade or add on..if you need help with plumbing LMK.

mkfmedic

Vu, I hear you. I currently am using two MP40's along with two return lines to create flow in the tank. It just isn't providing enough and I don't want to turn up my MP40's up any higher. I would like to branch the locline returns to create flow to the sides and the front of the tank while keeping the randomness of the MP40's.

Thanks for your thoughts James. I like the price point of the Fluval and it appears to use many of the same high end parts in more expensive pumps like the Red Dragon. I am leaning towards this one even though it is not a DC pump. Thanks for the offer on the plumbing! I think I have my plan down, but when I replace my current sump with the larger one, I am going to go out of my way to do it in a way that keeps the plumbing up and out of my way. May even use the BRS colored Pipe to create more interest!

bvysochin

Supporter
2020 POTM
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
Have heard great things about the Fluval. I'm currently using 4x DC12000's with no issues, for at least the last 5 months, so maybe still too early to tell. I've also heard great things about the Laguna pumps, and for the price they sell for on ebay, they appear to be a great value. The DC12000's flow is definitely over-rated.