LARS meeting - September 14th - Los Angeles Reef Society

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello Everyone, I would like to invite you to our next LARS meeting September 14th. Everyone is welcome and you do not need to be a member to attend.

IHOP
3506 Rosemead Blvd
Rosemead CA 91770
Sunday September 14th - 7pm

Outside Patio.

Please join us for our presentation on Beginners SPS. This will kick-start our 3 part series on types of corals SPS, Zoas and LPS. This month we will be talking about adding "Small Poylp Stony" corals to your tank.
Our discussion will include:
SPS coral names (scientific and Fancy/popular).
slide show of what they look like.
difficulty of particular types.
placement.
growth and color.
flow and lighting.
reasons for death, RTN, STN.
bleaching and browning.

We will have a frag tank set up for buying and selling corals. Anyone can buy, but you must be a member in order to sell. We will have a $5 sps section for sale. All corals in the section will be dipped in Bayer prior to arrival. All proceeds will go to LARS to buy banners and items we need for the club.

Our second meeting on corals pests seemed to be such a huge success that I have been getting questions from members and even people who were not able to attend. Because of this, we will have a quick demonstration on coral dipping with Bayer at the meeting as well as free safe/no-needle Syringes for every paid member. The syringes, if you have not guessed, are to measure the amount of Bayer used.

Some of the items to be raffled off will include:

WP40 (yes this month we will have it)
SPS Coral frag pack - TBD
BRS sock holder
Derasa clam
and more to be added.

Our club is fairly new so you have a great chance at winning prizes! If you have not joined now is a great time to help the club out. You do not have to be a member to attend a meeting but if you do decide to become a member, our membership is $20. Aside from being able to sell corals you will get to participate in a free members only raffle at each meeting.

So come on out and meet some fellow reefers, enjoy a meal and a presentation and you might go home with something nice. Hope to see you there!

Don't forget to check out our web site at www.LAreefsociety.org

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Seems like a very interested meeting, hoping I can make it.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Seems like a very interested meeting, hoping I can make it.
great it would be awesome, also need some expert zoo info for the next meeting lol

Count Me in Steve! let me know if you need help setting up
Thanks. All help is welcomed lol Bought a projector screen that might be way too big lol. we'll figure it out.

First meet I will be able to go!!! Don't be mad if I stuff my face and be taking bunch of notes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

swiftism

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone attending have frags to trade? I have a few doubles I'm looking to trade. Pm if interested in trading. (No SPS)

Digitalfreq

Premium Member
Supporter
So now that I'm out of Reefing we get a club in LA, and the meetings are like 1 mile from me.. Awesome..

i'm glad you guys started a club in the SGV.

Latest posts