Pasadena Tropical Fish Store

I was impressed with how they have competitive prices and yet there corals are real nice. Although the focus is with fish which all eat spurilina even the dragonets they have there!!! They are huge guys that are fat on on spirulina. The lady there let me feed the fishes they received a shipment today all there fish were healthy and not one was DOA. They did have a few clownfish with bacteria infection but they were treating them. I know because I was there for a while. I was tempted in buy a few fish since they were eating flakes. They also have huge pistol shrimp that are the size of my hand.

Steve @PTF still has 25% discount sale on incoming fish and coral every Sunday 11-2:30, they are still bagged from the wholesaler. 1 less tank transfer. Thats when all the hard core reefers go there to scoop up the cherries. They use to have huge colonies and tons of rare fish back in the day, well most stores had more good wild stuff and less "LE" frags.

Steve @PTF still has 25% discount sale on incoming fish and coral every Sunday 11-2:30, they are still bagged from the wholesaler. 1 less tank transfer. Thats when all the hard core reefers go there to scoop up the cherries. They use to have huge colonies and tons of rare fish back in the day, well most stores had more good wild stuff and less "LE" frags.
Awesome seems Sunday will be fish hunting day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

BeanMachine

Supporter
I don't like buying bagged fish as you can't get a good look see for disease, flukes etc. Not worth the discount in my opinion. Although I have heard they have good deals on fish I just live terribly far away to ever make it worth a trip.

I don't like buying bagged fish as you can't get a good look see for disease, flukes etc. Not worth the discount in my opinion. Although I have heard they have good deals on fish I just live terribly far away to ever make it worth a trip.
I'm sure they will let you inspect them really good. And plus who doesn't qt there fish?

BeanMachine

Supporter
Looking through a cloudy bag? No thank you.

Even if you do quarantine your odds are greatly increased by selecting a fish without say fin damage, parasites, etc.

cmon, do you think most LFS do anything more than run 1.020 hypo and prazi? at those prices arent you up for the challenge? FISH! MUST! GET! THEM! ALL!

swiftism

Premium Member
Supporter
I stop by about once a week, store is hit or miss. Sometimes you'll find a deal on a fish but overall the prices are average if not a bit higher than other LFS. The staff is not intrusive and let you gawk at you leisure, they do however frown upon taking pictures. I pulled out my phone to snap a pic of a coral in his "not for sale display only tank" and was firmly reminded of his no photograph policy.

Latest posts