Goobers 85 gallon diy acrylic build (big thanks to Reef Lounge)

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Wow..those are some skills that can pay the bills,......if you wanted them too..lol....nicely done.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Just read through this whole thread. Great build Goober, extremely clean! Really diggin that external overflow and display fuge. Can't wait to see it wet.

Been busy with work far away from home so here's what I have so far with the tank up and running. Built a few spots inside the stand to keep my controllers and energy bars ect. Hopefully they won't get wet and shouldnt.

This is before it got wet.
This is what it looks like now. Next up will be a quick skin for the stand

Quick skin just thrown on the stand. Pair of flame wrasses added. Wish list left for fish are a pair of potter wrasses and a Hawaiian cleaner. Then on to corals

Continuing my build (when I have the time) picked up a hybrid fixture to gut out for leds. Planning either my auroras or radions. Not sure which yet along with t5s

Finally "done" I purposely left the housing alone incase I wanna change it up. Next up will be installing my ldd drivers to my apex for full control. And yes I got an adapter that converts the apex analog signal to the pwm digital signal. It's capable of dimming all the way down to 1%. Will update once up and running. Back to family time

Well finally had the chance to hook up the auroras to the apex via ldd drivers and pmw converter. Everything runs great and dims down to 1%! I'll post a simulation video of the lights in action once I'm able to mount them

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, you DIY'd a ton on this system and it is looking awesome! Did you make your own skimmer and pumps too!? Lol. I think you need your own company. Keep them pics coming, I love reading this thread.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice [MENTION=6581]Goober[/MENTION]! So u were able to source the pwm converters huh! Hope they didn't cost an arm and a leg

Latest posts