hydrogen peroxide for algae treatment

I'm gonna try this tomorrow for sure! I've recently gotten a bunch of random algae patches from hair to that red fluffy looking stuff in my tank. No matter how much GFO, poly pads, chemipure elite, and Dr Tim's waste away...its still there.

After two treatments I would say 90% of the algae in the tank was removed. No visible negative effect on the coral, fish or inverts. I will try and snap a photo when the lights are fully on. However I don't have a before and you really need a before shot to really see the difference.

I don't think so. We have been removing rock and corals from the system and I think Thursday it will be fully torn down.

jimmy007

Premium Member
Supporter
Saw the tank yesterday and didn't reallly see any algae in there. To bad tha tank will be taking down.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've had an algae issue in my nano so I took all the rock out and put it in a 40b. On the rock I have some hair algae and what I believe to be red turf algae. I've dose H2O2 about 4 times and each time increasing the dose. I started at 4oz and now up to 8. I usually dose no more than once a week. So far, it's done a pretty good job on the hair algae but it's doing a little damage to the red turf. The corals do recede when I dose but don't seem to have any long term affect. In there I have zoas, mushrooms, hammer, lobo, a chalice and 2 nems. I also have 2 clowns and a neon goby which don't seem affected. Also, 3 days after each treatment, I do a 10g water change.

Latest posts