Rodi

I am starting to save for a RODI, there are a few options out there and I am wondering what people are using, and how they like the one they have. I will need to make about 25 gallons a week, so I am thinking that if I get one that makes between 50 and 75 gallons a day I should be good. Thank you in advance for all your input.

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
IMO you cant go wrong with Spectrapure. We run a couple beefed up 300gpd ones here at the shop. Look at the Spectrapure Maxpure units. Those would be the best bet for what you are looking for. If your interested in buying or just have questions shoot me a txt, or PM and I can answer any questions you may have, we normally keep at least one Maxpure in stock.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
IMO you cant go wrong with Spectrapure. We run a couple beefed up 300gpd ones here at the shop. Look at the Spectrapure Maxpure units. Those would be the best bet for what you are looking for. If your interested in buying or just have questions shoot me a txt, or PM and I can answer any questions you may have, we normally keep at least one Maxpure in stock.
+1 I am not a baller like Jayson but I made my own 300gpd 7 stage RODI lol

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Let's see some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't have any yet, I just modified a 4 stage 90GPD. I switch that membrane for a 150, added another 150 membrane. Then got the kit from SpectraPure to make it 7 stage.

Clifford

Premium sponsor
There is a lot to know about an RODI system. Picking one is a balance between budget and circumstances. Like do you own your home, where is it going to be installed, how much water your going to make, and are you going to make a direct ato to your tank. The other thing is you get what you pay for. Almost every company gets there products from the same place. Important features to have are tds meter, pressure gauge, auto shut off for the membrane, and in my opinion a booster pump. The most expensive part the system is the filters because you have to change them to keep your water quality up. The better the unit the longer they last.

There is a lot to know about an RODI system. Picking one is a balance between budget and circumstances. Like do you own your home, where is it going to be installed, how much water your going to make, and are you going to make a direct ato to your tank. The other thing is you get what you pay for. Almost every company gets there products from the same place. Important features to have are tds meter, pressure gauge, auto shut off for the membrane, and in my opinion a booster pump. The most expensive part the system is the filters because you have to change them to keep your water quality up. The better the unit the longer they last.
I wasn't sure what information would be helpful for this discussion. I am renting, so I will not be able permanently install the RODI, nor will I be putting the line directly into the ATO. I do have space in the laundry room and can use the water source that feeds the washing machine, and then set up a collection tank, I also have the drain from the washing machine available for waste water, (although I want to capture that and use it for the yard, if I can figure out the mechanics). Currently I am using between 15 and 25 gallons of RODI water a week between the three tanks, I have (two planted and one reef), and really only need the DI for the reef, the plant tanks can handle a low level of TDS.

Thank you again for all the advice.

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
You could always put a Tee prior to the DI resin with a ball valve on either side in order to get "RO" water when you need it, and RODI when you need that

xmas_one

Hard to go wrong with either spectrapure or brs. I snagged up one of those refurb spectrapure units, good deal.

Latest posts