Long strands emerging from candy cane

I'm getting these long, stiff translucent strands emerging from my candy cane. It's not spaghetti worms, its much stiffer than that. And they seem to be growing longer. Any ideas?

In the image, you can see the white strands in the upper left quadrant.

Attachments

You'll probably need to take a better pic of what your specifically talking about, I can clearly see the feeder tentacles coming from your coral but I can't clearly see the strands your talking about.

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
You'll probably need to take a better pic of what your specifically talking about, I can clearly see the feeder tentacles coming from your coral but I can't clearly see the strands your talking about.
I think the strands he's talking about are the feeder tentacles...

Not spaghetti worms. I get those at night and these are completely different. I'll take a better pic.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

bvysochin

Supporter
2020 POTM
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
I'm gonna stick with it being a sponge. I know this might sound kinda weird but If you break it off and squish it in your fingers does it make them kinda sticky? I notice lots of encrusting sponges do that.

Also try to irritate the candy canes so the flesh retracts all the way into the skeleton. Then you can get a clearer pic of where it's growing on the piece.