radion: Reeflink or Apex Fusion/WXM

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm going to be ordering a couple radions and wondering what you guys prefer to use to program/control them?

I had planned to use the WXM because I like that i can have one central place that controls everything but then it seems that fusion doesn't offer preloaded or to import/export graphs for the radion where reeflink does offer that.

As for price, the reeflink is 50% off right now with purchase of a radion so it would actually be $25 cheaper than the WXM.

Most people I see are using reeflink. Anybody here use fusion for the radions?

mkfmedic

I was already using the WXM Module to control my MP40's so it was a no brainer for me. I use Apex Fusion to control the Radion's and it has worked flawlessly to date.

Good Luck,

Mike

mkfmedic

Question Mike. When using the WXM module to control your radion, do you still import a graph?
Via the wxm or apex fusion, I do not believe so. What I have done is use ecosmartlive.com to program my lights via the micro usb. You can then see the program via apex fusion. Pretty easy really and since I don't tend to tinker with my program, other than changing times or intensity, it seems to have worked out well for my application.

Mike

WXM, reef link is spotty and glitchy. I am soooo glad I got away from ecotech's programming

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
When you use the wxm does it have presets or do you have to do it all manually.

This will be my first led lights so I want easy to setup. I'm comfortable with apex programming but haven't used fusion much

You can do presets, like 10k 14k 20k but you have to select the time points which is just like ecosmart live. If you ever want to come over I can show you how it works, or I can come over and help you program it. It's pretty simple and straight forward tho

mkfmedic

It is pretty straight forward and simple. The Apex Fusion programming offers presets, not as many as ecosmartlive, but enough for me including a sunrise and sunset option. Clouds and storms are also included. I would agree that using ecosmartlive.com can be spotty and frustrating at times, but personally, I have never had an issue programming the lights through the wxm/apex fusion interface. I'm not close, but feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Thanks and good luck!

Mike

WXM, reef link is spotty and glitchy. I am soooo glad I got away from ecotech's programming

You should become a sponsor for Neptune.LOL J/k

Ecotech is going through some issues since I got the reeflink. If you want to read in Ecotech section on RC you will see the frustration of reefer including me. But it is getting better.

Question on the WXM if you set it the time and schedule on the WXM and let say your light comes on at 2pm to 11pm. What steps you have to do if a reefer comes over in the morning like 10 am and you want to "Show" you tank with light on 20k??

You should become a sponsor for Neptune.LOL J/k

Ecotech is going through some issues since I got the reeflink. If you want to read in Ecotech section on RC you will see the frustration of reefer including me. But it is getting better.

Question on the WXM if you set it the time and schedule on the WXM and let say your light comes on at 2pm to 11pm. What steps you have to do if a reefer comes over in the morning like 10 am and you want to "Show" you tank with light on 20k??
Yea where is snitchle? What's cool/anoying about the radions on fusion you can set profiles to run different light profiles temporarily. Like you can set up 6 temporary profiles and hook up a breakout box with six push buttons. Whenever a button is pushed that temporary light profile will run for X about of time. I have not figured that out yet but will be soon. Sucks because you buy a Break Out Box but it's cool if people are over you can hit a button and turn your tank blue.

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the replies everyone... it looks like there isn't much difference in control between reeflink/wxm.
Thanks for the offer of going over to your place to check it out in person Cory. I'm going to go see Aaron (socalcorals) in a bit to pick up some LRS and have him show me the reeflink.

I think right now I am leaning towards reeflink (i dont have mp pumps) because it has the built in acclimation mode and so I can use the app on my phone to easily change through colors when people come over for fun. Since it's the cheaper of the two, by only 25 bucks, i will probably get it.

Either way I am excited to get the radions!

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Thanks for the replies everyone... it looks like there isn't much difference in control between reeflink/wxm.
Thanks for the offer of going over to your place to check it out in person Cory. I'm going to go see Aaron (socalcorals) in a bit to pick up some LRS and have him show me the reeflink.

I think right now I am leaning towards reeflink (i dont have mp pumps) because it has the built in acclimation mode and so I can use the app on my phone to easily change through colors when people come over for fun. Since it's the cheaper of the two, by only 25 bucks, i will probably get it.

Either way I am excited to get the radions!

Congrats...the only thing i hate about my radions is knowing i could have got them sooner and didnt ; )

Latest posts