Best way to make cutouts in Biocube hood?

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
Any tips on what to use to create neat cutouts on the back of a Biocube hood without cracking it? Thanks!

I think a dremel is your best bet using the plastic cutting wheels. Go slow and clear the melted scrap away and you should be good. Those hoods aren't brittle they shouldn't crack.

Small hole saw or a wood boring bit for holes. Dremel for half moons. If the plastic melts a little, an exacto knife helps clean it up. Not sure if you are rewiring or trying to run pump wires through the hood so I gave you two options. Go slow.

It may not be the most technical method.. But I always end melting plastic rather than cutting it lol you can use a putty knife over the stove and just melt slots in the back or even cutout sections. I modified the hood on my old nano this way :)

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
It may not be the most technical method.. But I always end melting plastic rather than cutting it lol you can use a putty knife over the stove and just melt slots in the back or even cutout sections. I modified the hood on my old nano this way :)
Haha, I've done that too! Didn't think of the knife this time, but did consider the soldering iron... :)

Latest posts