feeling better about my reef tank.

So this is my 25 gal jebo. Have bout a few corals from members here, my local store is Aquarium city, and DanD aqauriums.
I am not so sure on names but have a few corals, 2 damsels, and an long spine urchin I believe ha. Any advice is appreciated. 20140914_110400.jpg 20140914_110424.jpg 20140914_110504.jpg 20140914_110528.jpg 20140914_110541.jpg

Do you have a skimmer? You should post your water parameters as well. Looks like a good start, the one thing that catches my eye is what looks like a film on the top of the water in the first picture.

Thanks Dave, I do have a skimmer but its not working properly with my lighting system going to get a newer one today, The film you see at the top is mostly salt for some reason I have water that runs down the front or the sides, I don't over fill the tank it seems to just be build up on the plastic then flows down. I realize that no water should be leaking or running out the sides or front but hasn't been to much of a problem seems like basic cleaning usually helps. but the salt is getting harder to clean from the tank.

Didnt notice any powerheads but you should get a powerhead to circulate the water, just point it upwards and it can disrupt the film. Also your zoas look a little bleached, you should check your salinity im guessing its going to be high.

That is defiantly what I need is a powerhead!! I have been looking. I appreciate the advice Peter going to check now. Noticed they were not as green or orange. Appreciate it!

Np, I have a small koralia 1 powerhead I think you can have if youre ever in my area, but youll probably want 2 stronger ones om each side.

I am usually not in that area but do appreciate your generosity. Ill find one been a little process for me in salt water but loving the challenge.

pgr11

Supporter
Great start Allen. What bulbs do you have? Seems a little white but it might just be the pics. Definitely get some powerheads

I posted the pic of the lights in the second pic, not sure if the guy at Aquarium City was just selling me or really helping but I told him the tank I had took in the old light, he recommended these lights and a timer. It was on sale and I didn't know any better seems like green algae grows really fast but I could be wrong. I am happy with them though have really been good compared to the original that were on here. the generic.

Looks good,I would do as suggested above with adding a powerhead for flow. Also, do you have some sort of HOB filter or something? Kind of hard to tell in pics but water looks a little cloudy. I would get a Aquaclear HOB filter add some filter floss or carbon to polish the water

just the basic jebo filtration had a canister filter but the seal is broken it backflows I got banned from another community for refusing to pay for the broken canister. the guy was up here in LA I forget his name, lol but that guy tried to do me real dirty then I got banned. Anyway I am looking for another canister filter but the wife frowns on what im starting to spend on the tank.. gotta spend more on her. hahaha LED is the way to go? I just bought these lights 5 months ago. they seem amazing so far is it for appearance or will it do an actual diffrence in growing?