What is on my fish?!!

el mayo

I saw a little white spot on my new clown yesterday and today its a lot more. It looks like white skin peeling off of it right behind the first bar. I saw it also on his mate that died the next day after purchasing him.

Only thing you can really try for now us a 10 minute fresh water dip and put him in a qt type environment not in the same tank that contains the contaminate

el mayo

I dont have a qt tank and I think that if I do the dip im just gonna stress him out more and kill him. F**k !!! And I just added another new clown with it yesterday! Never again will I buy a fish from a store. Used fish only from now on. $115 flushed down the toilet, literally.

el mayo

Well I just did a 7 minute freshwater dip with temp and ph matched. Hopefully he pulls through. I also feed with Thera + A which has garlic in it. He is swimming around right now so only time will tell. Thanks everyone

+1 on brook! You must do a formalin bath by tomorrow. I got a brand new bottle if your interested. My clown died before the meds came in.

Formalin has the best outcome for brook when I was reading up on it... I did a FW dip on 1 of mine but it didn't help and he died a little while later. Good luck!

el mayo

Update: So I came home last night from work and saw the fish hiding. I tried feeding him but he wouldn't eat. so I decided to give him another freshwater dip. This time though I found him dead the next morning. Thanks for your support everyone. Darn you Brook.... darn you to heck!

Latest posts