Missing Fish = Consequences?

Hey guys, So this may sound weird, but I have a BioCube 29 and I bought one damsel just to make sure everything is right. Now, i have no idea where he is in my tank... My live rock has not moved at all so I know it didnt crush him and it would be hard to believe that he got covered in sand for that long since its literally only been like 8 hours since the last time i saw him before i went to bed. I checked my back chambers to see if he may have jumped and NADA. So where did he go lol? He is the only fish in my tank... Let me know what you guys think and whats the best course of action.

Do you have a clean up crew most of the time when a fish dies they will eat the fish in a few hours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
They are kinda skittish so might be hiding? Maybe add food see if comes out. Test your water and if ammonia is present, then yeah he went to a better place.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Damsels are good hiders and like mentioned, probably in a nook or cranny in your rock

mkfmedic

I had a vampire goby that after two days in the tank, disappeared for a month. I have a 120, but I was convinced he was gone, as mentioned, clean up crews work fast. But just the other day, there he was doing his thing. +1 on checking your tank parameters, just in case!

Best of luck,

Mike

gr1mm

Damsels for me before they died would go in between rocks or under and just die there so I would never see them again.

swiftism

Premium Member
Supporter
30 gal here, recently had a firefish disappear. No spike in ammonia, did not jump, so I removed all my live rock, sifted through sand with no luck.

I had my yellowtail demsels disappear for 3 months then I ended up with 6 babies in the sump and the two adults in the sump. Maybe they are hiding are you using it to cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

Lol well that sucks. I still have no idea where he is and I left food out since I was feeding my Torches and Hammers. I mean I do have a Coral looking live rock so maybe he is in there O.O. He didnt even move when I started to lift some live rock around. I checked the back chamber of my BC29 and nada. So he must be somewhere in a rock or now buried under some sand. This is quite unfortunate. I guess its time I buy a cleaner crew for such an occasion huh. What do you guys recommend I buy?

Latest posts