Hi! New to the forum.

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm David and I'm a huge Dodgers fan, hence my forum name!
I'm also a huge fan of reefing. I've been reefing for 8 months and it's been a huge challenge, but great fun.
I run a 8 gallon JBJ rimless pico tank.
Livestock:
1 Damsel Fish
1 Octospawn
Duncan (2 large heads)
1 acan frag (planning to buy 2 more frags to make an acan "island")
Yellow polyps
Some small zoa frags (bam bam, utter chaos, rasta)
Clove polyps
2 candy canes
1 mushroom

Tank 092214.jpg

Still a newb so hoping to get a lot of assistance from everyone. I'll do my best to input what I can on other posts.
Also, really excited about the livestock classified section of this forum since everyone is at least somewhat close!
Thanks

Welcome... we are in the same town but I don't associate with Dodger fans... GO ANGELS. :)

But I would recommend you ditch those yellow polyps, in a few months as your tank matures they're gonna be all over and take over real estate for you other corals.

Welcome... we are in the same town but I don't associate with Dodger fans... GO ANGELS. :)

But I would recommend you ditch those yellow polyps, in a few months as your tank matures they're gonna be all over and take over real estate for you other corals.
Angels are my enemy only during the freeway series. Other than that, if I had to pick a team I liked after the Dodgers, it would be the Angels.
Yeah, I've read yellow polyps can take over a tank. In a small tank, that could be a disaster....
I originally bought a nice size rock of yellow polyps. I broke the rock into 3 pieces and only really use the smallest piece on top of the live rock.
I plan on giving away the other 2 pieces. Maybe I'll consider giving away all 3 pieces to someone that has a much larger tank.
Go DODGERS! :congrats:

ericta000

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Welcome!!!!! Hang on to your wallet cause it's going to be long ride :Cry:

Last edited: