Video of Flow comparison: Riptide Beta vs MP40Wes x2

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the response! If true, that's the right way to do. I'll get one some day. I'm very excited for this pump, gyre, whatever you want to call it.

I'm gonna wait till everyone gets it and either love it or hate it. Nothing worse than putting down some big bucks on a new release item and finding out it's defective. Like the iPhone 6+

My Tank Build
I can't speak for any defects but I've been running the prototype for a little less then 2 months with no problems in the pump. The only problems any of the beta testers have had is in the magnets holding the pump in place. The beta testers have a private forum they can discus any problems they r having. I have been fold that I should b receiving a second prototype that has upgrade magnets and a quieter motor.

My Tank Build
Sup eric hook it up with your old prototype!! My ADD doesn't allow for this type of waiting
It's just the pump not with a controller and I have to send the old one back to maxspect. It doesn't belong to me per say. The whole thing is still property of maxspect/coralvue and they can request it back at any time.

BeanMachine

Supporter
The 50w riptide is said to be released to the public around the end of this month. But there is still no release date from maxspect. I talked to Lindsey at coralvue today and asked if she had heard anything about the release. Still not much to offer. She did say that maxspect hopes to have the large model out for sale by Christmas and the small version out by February 2015.
I was told that the riptide is in very high demand. They've had a pre order going on for the last few months. So if u haven't preorder yours already u might b waiting to get a riptide.
Not denying the demand but that sounds like hype to me. They gonna make 100 at a time out of China? ;)

My Tank Build
Not denying the demand but that sounds like hype to me. They gonna make 100 at a time out of China? ;)
Could b, but I've had a bunch of people ask me if I had an inside hookup that I could get them a riptide b4 they hit the market or b on the first ones to get one.