Last Minute Sump Design Changes... Thoughts?

GoBigGuy

Hi All,

Going to order my sump today but made some last minute changes that I want some feed back on.

sump_v4.jpg

From Left to Right: Refugium Chamber | Drain/Skimmer Chamber | Bubble Trap | Return Chamber

Thoughts?

So the fuge will flow into drain/skimmer section?
If so... Only thing I don't like about that is your pods from your fuge section are gonna get taken out by your skimmer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

djam

If so... Only thing I don't like about that is your pods from your fuge section are gonna get taken out by your skimmer

+1 you want the pods

Riblet

Premium Member
Supporter

Always fuge after skimmer, unless you don't care about the pods and just want to grow kato.

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
OP, are you going to be running a UV? If you are no point in having a fuge
Why? A UV takes out micro organisms right? A fuge will still allow him to grow pods, macro, etc. Or am I wrong? Just want to know for my own knowledge.

I apologize to the OP for this derailment.

Why? A UV takes out micro organisms right? A fuge will still allow him to grow pods, macro, etc. Or am I wrong? Just want to know for my own knowledge.

I apologize to the OP for this derailment.
The UV will slowly but eventually deplete your beneficial microorganism and macro. If ran at a lower gph to control parasites, pods will get mutated and won't be able to colonize along with other harmful parasite. The way around have the best of both world is to run the uv on a timer. The downside to this route is bulb would loose longevity. I could be wrong , my opinion is only thru my own experience and what has worked for me thru my trial and error..my setup as of now consist of a skimmer, Pellets, and socks as my source if nutrient export..

Latest posts