Jeff's First & Last Large Tank Build (180 gallon)

GoBigGuy

Got the stand inside the house and sump in place, now just trying to get people together to move this monster in the house.... Anyone near the Valencia area?

GoBigGuy

Spent today building a light box that will hang on the wall on a hinged bracket so I can fold them up when I need to work on the tank.

Also started the plumbing which I hope to do some more tonight as well as finish painting the doors to the stand.

Pictures will come tomorrow

Looking good. You should take a piece of fancy door casing, and route out the back of it to cover up the rim on the bottom of the tank. Paint it white to give it a finished look. I'll get a pic of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoBigGuy

Looking good. You should take a piece of fancy door casing, and route out the back of it to cover up the rim on the bottom of the tank. Paint it white to give it a finished look. I'll get a pic of mine.

I have a buddy who is a finish carpenter who I plan on trimming out the stand and build me a nice canopy

GoBigGuy

Ok, got everything dry fitted. Going to wait a bit before I glue together
Going from left to right in the sump

Here's the refugium outlet and the manifold
IMG_1711.jpg

Here's the return pump with a 1 1/2" threadedxslip fitting with a 1 1/2" to 3/4 reducer. Then I have the check valve, ball valve, a Tee to one of the return lines and another Tee for the manifold and the other return l
IMG_1708.jpg

and the drain lines with flex tubing for the return lines
IMG_1712.jpg

Wow it all looks very clean! What kind of lights do you have inside the stand? I have been looking for something bright like that

GoBigGuy

So today I decided to separate the manifold and refugium line off of the main pump and put it on it's own pump, (Jabeo DC300). I should be able to finish off the plumbing this week, just waiting for some fittings to come in the mail.

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

GoBigGuy

Almost done with my rock work! This is 3 different pieces, just want to build up the right side some more

Latest posts