WTB: Fathead Sunburst Anthias

Yeap. It was from Coral Oasis. I wish I had gotten the second one too, but they sold out. Mine is eating well too. I'm not planning to do any copper treatment. It looks relatively healthy and besides, Ich is already in my tank.
I thought you went fishless for 8 weeks or so, quarantined everything to get rid of ich....what happened ?

reeferL

[MENTION=9187]reeferL[/MENTION] Did you get your sunburst from Coral Oasis? Mine just croaked. =[
Aw man! sorry to hear. I got mine from LiveAquaria two weeks ago and he's been doing pretty well. He wasn't eating today however, just hiding in the flowerpot. I'm hoping he makes it through whatever it is.

Aw man! sorry to hear. I got mine from LiveAquaria two weeks ago and he's been doing pretty well. He wasn't eating today however, just hiding in the flowerpot. I'm hoping he makes it through whatever it is.
Oh. I see. If you got it from Live Aquaria, I'm sure it'll do fine. Mine ate for the first few days, then all of a sudden stopped eating. Anyway, let me know how it does [MENTION=9187]reeferL[/MENTION].

Dang... sorry to hear.

what have you guys been feeding with? mine loves tiny tiny pieces of food. I don't see it chasing after whole mysis. I have Omega One, Cyclopeeze, Mysis, Brine and Nutramar Ova mixed together.. I think it likes the Nutramar and Cyclopeeze most.

reeferL

Oh. I see. If you got it from Live Aquaria, I'm sure it'll do fine. Mine ate for the first few days, then all of a sudden stopped eating. Anyway, let me know how it does [MENTION=9187]reeferL[/MENTION].
There must be something in the air..because my sunburst just died too. I really don't get it, he was doing so fine the past two weeks.

:/

if you guys want to try again, I got mine from Carson tropical.

now I'm scared for mine.. finishing up week 2.. did yours eat for a few days and stopped too? or is it a sudden death? mine eats but he's fairly slow. nothing like the other anthias.. I'm going to up the feeding a little just to make sure he gets some more.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Mix cylops with frozen mysis. Basically foods it will eat with foods you want it to eat... theyll learn to take anything some fish just take longer to eat other items than others. Reef Nutrition ROE is also good for finicky fish that will take smaller foods. Im using that with cyclops and mysis to feed Bartletts I have now. Theyre slowly starting to pick at the mysis but are eating the cyclops and roe.

My Sunburst eats everything.

Last edited:
:/

if you guys want to try again, I got mine from Carson tropical.

now I'm scared for mine.. finishing up week 2.. did yours eat for a few days and stopped too? or is it a sudden death? mine eats but he's fairly slow. nothing like the other anthias.. I'm going to up the feeding a little just to make sure he gets some more.
Yeah, mine ate, then just stopped.

G-Tank

Premium Member
Supporter
My sunburst that I got from rap is passing away. I have not seen him eat anything since I got him and really weak right now. Also I noticed he has tail damage and I don't see any aggression on the tank mates? I have a pretty peaceful community. I wonder who is bullying him. He is in the sump right now... Crossing fingers for recovery....

Current live stock:
Midas Blenny
Leopard Wrasse
DaVinci clown
Shrimp Goby
pistol shrimp
Fire fish
Sunburst Anthias

My sunburst that I got from rap is passing away. I have not seen him eat anything since I got him and really weak right now. Also I noticed he has tail damage and I don't see any aggression on the tank mates? I have a pretty peaceful community. I wonder who is bullying him. He is in the sump right now... Crossing fingers for recovery....

Current live stock:
Midas Blenny
Leopard Wrasse
DaVinci clown
Shrimp Goby
pistol shrimp
Fire fish
Sunburst Anthias
That sucks dude. I had mine in quarantine and it was eating a bit, not much, but some. It was fine for about five days and then all of a sudden started to decline. Maybe they weren't healthy fish to begin with. I definitely knew there was a risk in buying fish from RAP. I'm just glad I didn't put him in my display directly.

G-Tank

Premium Member
Supporter
That sucks dude. I had mine in quarantine and it was eating a bit, not much, but some. It was fine for about five days and then all of a sudden started to decline. Maybe they weren't healthy fish to begin with. I definitely knew there was a risk in buying fish from RAP. I'm just glad I didn't put him in my display directly.
I've been wanting a sunburst for the longest time. I guess it's a real tough fish to get up and running. I am really happy on my Leopard though. He is more active than my solo clownfish and eats like a pig!

I've been wanting a sunburst for the longest time. I guess it's a real tough fish to get up and running. I am really happy on my Leopard though. He is more active than my solo clownfish and eats like a pig!
They don't seem to be that rare to get. I would just try with another one from an LFS that's been eating and established. I'll definitely try again if I can find one that is eating. I agree, I really like my leopard too. And I learned the hard way not to quarantine them. I lost two in a week. But I know better now.

reeferL

Yea my sunburst was eating then he suddenly stopped. Then he's dead the next day. I'll try again in a month or two, I just have to seed a new sponge filter for QT!

Current live stock:
Midas Blenny
Leopard Wrasse
DaVinci clown
Shrimp Goby
pistol shrimp
Fire fish
Sunburst Anthias
Grrrr I hate when fish pass from not eating. If I read this o woulda brought you a 1 oz sample to try to feed your fish (I was in the OC yesterday)

G-Tank

Premium Member
Supporter
Grrrr I hate when fish pass from not eating. If I read this o woulda brought you a 1 oz sample to try to feed your fish (I was in the OC yesterday)
Mr. Chef, I met you at Byran's store the other day. I'll make sure to grab a pack, I keep of forgetting to grab one since I get too focused on Bryan's corals lol.

Mix cylops with frozen mysis. Basically foods it will eat with foods you want it to eat... theyll learn to take anything some fish just take longer to eat other items than others. Reef Nutrition ROE is also good for finicky fish that will take smaller foods. Im using that with cyclops and mysis to feed Bartletts I have now. Theyre slowly starting to pick at the mysis but are eating the cyclops and roe.

My Sunburst eats everything.
Ya I've had one for a few years and he's very shy and lives in the back corner of the tank...sometimes in a cave. BUT... he's healthy and eats. To Cody's reply, I agree with Mysis and Cyclopis. I make my own food and always blend in lot's of Cyclopis and Mysis. Maybe this IS the key? All I know is that's all I feed my fish and I never have ich or lose fish (I know, never say never)...ya ya ya)

BTW... believe it or not I got mine from Tong's. They seem to get a bad rap but I've purchased a lot of fish there throughout the years and I've never had a problem.

Latest posts