My fixture is going wonky

I have a halide t5 fixture and my one t5 keeps turning off. My lights were working without problem until I changed the t5 bulbs. Now my front t5 turns off. When I flip the switch off the bulb flickers and then I can turn it back on and it works for a little bit( 5-10 minutes). The switch controls both t5s but only the front bulb is having problems. I thought maybe a bad bulb so it switched them to see if that was the problem. Same thing happened.

I'm worried if I pull this thing apart I'll never get it back together.

It is a no brand ( I can't find a label anywhere. The guy I bought it from just said it was from China) 24" unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like an intermittent connection. what kind of fixture do you have? the ballasts are generally housed inside, and there's usually a few wire nuts to connect the ballast wiring to the T5 end caps.

the most likely cause is that the wire nut has come loose and causing the intermittent problem.

otherwise, it's probably the ballast itself.

if you wanna drag the light over to my house tonight, james and I can probably take a look and figure it out.

I swapped the bulbs and it's still the same. I just pulled it apart and pulled out the problem side and jiggled ( official electrician talk) the wire nuts to see if a wire was loose and pulled a little to make sure they were snug. All snug and good

so when you say its the same you mean the problem stayed in the same socket position and did not travel with the lamp? Do you have another set of lamps? If so can you remove both and try two other lamps?

I tried using the old lamps and the problem continued. I've also tried turning the lamp just a little back and forth and no go.

has to be the wiring then. are there quick connections? Sometimes they look like they are snapped together but the metal leads in side of them can get loose. You can bring it by if you want us to take a look, or throw it in the trash and buy a quality fixture :)

has to be the wiring then. are there quick connections? Sometimes they look like they are snapped together but the metal leads in side of them can get loose. You can bring it by if you want us to take a look, or throw it in the trash and buy a quality fixture :)
I would love a new fixture but with a shopping cart worth 3500$ for the new tank, small tank is not getting a new light. Lol