Trim SPS

Should I frag this sps seems to be regressing in health lots of new whites spots. It's photosynthesis algae seems to slow vanishing. Only one side seems to have tentacles sticking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

Trim all the tips a bit away from STN areas and glue them together on one rock closer together and you get yourself a mini cropped colony. Don't know about parameters being all good but good & stability is key. If all else in check then will grow back to colony again. Good luck

Trim all the tips a bit away from STN areas and glue them together on one rock closer together and you get yourself a mini cropped colony. Don't know about parameters being all good but good & stability is key. If all else in check then will grow back to colony again. Good luck
Okay I'm check videos on how to trim sps properly. What does STN mean?

do you dose anything to the tank?
when was the last water change?
Major prblm for me keeping sps has been high cal low alk and good ph.

do you dose anything to the tank?
when was the last water change?
Major prblm for me keeping sps has been high cal low alk and good ph.
I just add Seachem phytoplankton and zooplankton twice a week
Every Saturday I do a 5g water change on a 16g innovative marine
I

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
i chopped off the tips of a dying colony a while back and glued them to a frag plug separately.....and now it has grown into a beautifully colored lavender mini colony..........in kenny's tank :Cry:

5 gallons on a 16g tank is a major wc. I would in the future check both your tank params and salt mix before you do the wc. Sps hate major fluctuations

U need to dose alk and probably calcium as well. Only doing a Water change once a week does not provide stable parameters for SPS. Unless ur doing daily water changes and ur alk consumption isn't that high.

This. Not to be a douche, but it doesn't sound like you are ready for sps. Read, read, read!
I'm willing to bet he doesn't even check parameters, just does a 50% water change; 5g on a 16 with sand and rock. You need to check your parameters and most likely, as schnitzel said, probably be dosing alk and maybe calcium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk